Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Charles Bukowski: high school girls

high school girls

the used to say to me: "you're so
negative!"
they said this to me in a very final sense and
it seemed to satisfy
them.
(the boys didn't say anything at all to me because
I was usually angry and they didn't
dare.)
but the girls were very vocal and very sure,
saying, "you're so
negative!"
it made them feel intellectual, or,
at least, intelligent.
they had already formed opinions
about what life was
and about what life should be
and how one should perform
in this life.

it was all right with me, I didn't want to be
liked by them, I didn't want to fuck them or
marry them or
even date them.
I found none of them
beautiful.

now, 50 years later,
I find that almost every elderly female is
negative
and I'm positive
and I'm still glad I didn't fuck, marry or
date any of them then.
they, now of advanced age, have
largely become
sad, embittered and even
psychotic.

I guess because they started
so positive
so early
it just all wore
out.
and that's the end of the whole amusing
story.

No comments:

Post a Comment