Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Ross Bleckner's Basement," 2009, Joshua Abelow

Ross Bleckner's Basement
11/2009 Joshua Abelow

When I tell people my story
about how I used to live in
Ross Bleckner's basement
it always sounds so romantic
and cool.

And it was.

But, it was also sort of disgusting and lonely.

I had roach traps all around
my futon, but sometimes
this didn't protect me from a
creepy black bug crawling
up my leg while I was
trying to read or sleep.

There were rats too.
Lots of rats.
I bought a bb gun
to kill them, but I'm not
much of a hunter so they
did what they wanted.

A slice of pizza and a coke
was the easiest thing
to do for dinner so
I did that most nights.

I walked up and down
Broadway everyday.
One time some asshole
hit me with his car and
knocked me down. I
jumped up and asked him
what the fuck he was
thinking. He said he was
sorry. Then I limped
back to the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment